Gordon Elias & Seely, L.L.P.     800 - 773 - 6770

Truck Accident Statistics

While truck accidents are fewer in number than other common types of accidents, reaching only 500,000 per year as opposed to 6 million for passenger cars, they cause an inordinate amount of damages and injuries. That is because they weigh up to 40 times more than most passenger cars and take up as much as 75 feet of the roadway. That doesn't make it easier to accept truck accident statistics that show more than 130,000 injuries result from truck accidents each year as well as over 5,000 deaths. Over 75% of truck accidents are caused, at least in part, by passenger cars. However, the remaining 25% caused by truck drivers, trucking companies, manufactures, freight owners, and others can be deadly, especially if the cargo is hazardous. The most common cause is truck driver drowsiness, often caused by violating the regulations for sleep time set by federal regulations.

Fast Facts

  • Truck accident statistics reveal that more than 60% of truck accident fatalities are the result of accidents on dry roads during weekday, daytime driving hours.
  • As many as 27% of fatal truck accidents are caused by repeat offenders with at least one prior speeding conviction.
read disclaimer

truck accident statistics - Lawyers, Articles and Q&A

Search Results for "truck accident statistics"

Articles

Results 1-5 of 51 for "truck accident statistics"

Q&A

Results 1-1 of 1 for "truck accident statistics"

From Around the Web

Results 1-5 of 11 for "truck accident statistics"

  • Los Angeles MTA Bus Accident Injures 13

    Thirteen people were injured in a bus accident in Los Angeles when a delivery truck collided with a Metropolit...
    • Site: californiainjuryblog.com
  • Tractor-Trailer Accident in Ventura Injures Teens

    Joshua David and Natalie Pierson, both 18, sustained injuries in a Ventura car accident after the van they wer...
    • Site: californiainjuryblog.com
  • Newport Beach Bicycle Accident Proves Fatal

    A man who was killed in a bicycle accident in Newport Beach the morning of July 15, 2010, has been identified ...
    • Site: californiainjuryblog.com
  • Long Beach Bicycle Accident Kills Man

    A 58-year-old La Palma man was killed in a Long Beach car accident after his bicycle was struck by a pickup tr...
    • Site: californiainjuryblog.com
  • Tractor-Trailer Accident in Agoura Hills Kills Two

    Joshua Dubon, 23, and Richard Vasques, 24, were killed in a Los Angeles car accident early morning on July 2, ...
    • Site: californiainjuryblog.com
The content of this website is provided for informational purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice. If you need help with a Truck Accident claim, consult an experienced trucking accident attorney from the law offices of Gordon Elias & Seely, L.L.P. by calling TOLL FREE: 800 - 773 - 6770 OR by filling out the Free Case Evaluation Form on this page.
Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
1811 Bering Drive, Suite 300     Houston, TX 77057     Toll Free: 1-800-773-6770     Fax: 713-668-1980